Orange and Ginger Glazed Salmon
The Nutrition Twins suggest:
This nutritious meal is delicious, simple to prepare and good for the heart and the waist. Plus, what a great way to get some healthy, omega-3 fats!
• 6 salmon fillets
• 1 1/2 cups orange juice
• 2 tablespoons soy sauce
• 1 tablespoon gingerroot -- grated
• 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
• 1/2 teaspoon pepper
• 2 large zucchini
• 3 peeled carrots
• 3 green onions
1. In a resealable, plastic zipper-top bag, combine orange juice and next four ingredients. Carefully add the fish to the bag. Zip up the bag and marinate in the refrigerator for about 20 minutes or while you prepare the rest of the meal.
2. While fish is marinating, julienne the zucchinis, carrots and green onions and heat water in a steamer.
3. Remove the fish from the zipper bag with tongs. As you grab the fish, let the marinade drip off into the bag. Reserve the marinade.
4. Spray the broiler with cooking spray and place the fish on it. Broil for about eight to thirteen minutes or until the fish flakes easily when tested with a fork. Keep the fish about five inches or more from the heat while broiling. Fish can also be barbecued on the barby.
5. As the water from the steamer starts to boil, add the sliced vegetables to the steamer and heat for approximately five minutes or until veggies are firm/tender.
6. As the veggies steam, bring the reserved marinade to a boil in a saucepan and cook three minutes.
7. Divide the veggies over six plates. Top with the fish. Pour the heated marinade over the fish and serve (If the fish is ready before the veggies, remove from the broiler and keep it warm.).
Per serving (each serving of fish is 4 ounces): 223 Calories; 6g Total Fat; 1.5 grams saturated fat; 28g Protein; 15g Carbohydrate; 3 grams Fiber; 420 mg Sodium
SERVING SUGGESTIONS: Add a whole grain roll and a spinach salad or a side of steamed vegetables and enjoy!
Source: Nutrition Twins